Hello again friends and clients,
Our agency was working last night until after midnight trying to make sense of the newest information released by Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts. We have sent out emails to our affected clients that contains all of the information we have been provided.
As is the policy of Sandcastle Wishes Travel, we strive to only provide factual information that comes directly from Disney so that there is no confusion to our clients.
Thank you for your patience as we go through these changes together. We will work together with you on any changes, modifications or adjustments that are needed for your Disney vacation. Our goal is to provide top level concierge service to help you make the most of your vacations dreams.
The following is a recap of the changes that were announced last night. Keep in mind that we ALL still have lots of questions, and we don't have any additional details as to the new systems that will be put into place. This is still a complex and fluid situation, and we will do our best to pass on accurate information when we receive it.
You may have already received an email from Disney with some of this information, unfortunately, we did NOT get notified of these changes ourselves until very late last night. As Disney moves forward in trying to maintain social distancing practices to try to reduce the spread of Covid-19, several new policies have been put in place to help maintain the safety of their guests.
The following changes would apply to your upcoming trip:
- All dining reservations and special experience reservations (Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Droid Building, ect) made through the end of 2020 will be cancelled. A new system will be launched with a limited number of dining reservations available to enforce social distancing guidelines in the onsite dining venues. This means that if you had a reservation previously you are not guaranteed a reservation in the new system going forward. In the new system, dining reservations will be available for rebooking 60 days in advance.
- Disney Dining Plans will be removed from all guests' reservations through the end of 2020. Dining Plans will no longer be offered this year in order to allow for social distancing in the dining venues. If you have already paid for a Dining Plan the amount will be refunded to you.
- All FastPass + reservations will be wiped out of the system and the use of FastPass will no longer continue during this time due to the need to ensure social distancing in lines. While we don’t know Disney’s exact strategy for line control we believe it will be similar to the system in place in Shanghai Disney with extended queues and marked spaces (6 ft apart) for guests to stand on while waiting.
- Character interactions, parades and nighttime firework displays will be eliminated for the foreseeable future to protect both Cast Members and guests.
- Masks will be required for all guests over the age of 2 after the parks reopen in July for the foreseeable future, this requirement could be lifted as we move forward.
- Guests still planning to visit in 2020 will need a reservation to enter the theme parks, which will be limited to control reduced capacity. More details will follow on this system.
We know that this drastically changes the Disney vacation that you had in mind. The most important thing to know is that our team at Sandcastle Wishes Travel is here for you and ensure you that we will work through these changes together. We will be with you every step of the way navigating the new protocols put in place, assisting you with the re-booking of dining reservations, ect. Disney will be limiting the number of guests who are able to enter the parks each day, so there is the possibility that record low crowds will be an advantage to traveling in 2020. Disney may also be releasing promotional offers to guests already booked to entice travelers to keep their bookings this year. We will have members of the Sandcastle Wishes team in Walt Disney World as soon as they reopen to test these systems and report back with any information that may enhance your experience.